Introducing our 56th episode of ON AIR: With Owen – our latest interview video series with honest conversation about scaling revenue, hosted by our Founder & CEO, Owen Richards.
Owen and Tom discuss the difference between creating demand and capturing demand.
– At what stage in your business journey would you use each of these strategies?
– Does every organisation go through the same process and journey?
– What types of things should a company be doing in the early stages i.e. ‘creating demand’
– The types of things you should be doing in the ‘capturing demand’ phase
– How quality and quality come into play at each phase
– How to measure success in each phase
– The journey in switching from one mode to the other, and how messaging & process need to change
– The common mistake of applying the same strategy to all markets and why good self-awareness is important
– Moving faster than is comfortable – getting from ‘create’ to ‘capture’ much quicker
– Improving how you score your leads
– Why brand awareness is important at the ‘creating demand’ stage
– What metrics are important to Acquia right now and the tactics changed along the way
– The internal challenges within sales & marketing teams when switching modes