Introducing our eighth episode of ON AIR: With Owen – our latest interview video series with honest conversation about scaling revenue, hosted by our Founder & CEO, Owen Richards.
Owen and Greg discuss everything around a company’s first sales hire. Including:
- Why and when you should be looking to recruit
- The options that a Founder has
- The issues with recruiting an SDR or ‘the corporate’ as your first sales hire
- Misconceptions and issues around recruiting from a competitor
- How do you know what you’re hiring if you don’t know what you’re hiring?
- What you should be looking for as a Founder
- What you should do as a first sales hire
- Why Founders shouldn’t treat their first sales hire as an employee
- What Founders should factor into package discussions / what first sales hires should negotiate on